Bipolar Spectrum Disorders (BD-I, MDD, etc.):
- Mathematical modeling of dynamics
- Stability analysis, feedback control design, optimization-based analysis
- Preliminary report:
- K. Passino, "A Dynamical Model of Mood Disorders for Psychoeducation: Preliminary Results", Seminar, OSU Dept. Psychiatry, Dec. 2, 2015
- Hugo Gonzalez Villasanti and Kevin M. Passino, "Modeling and Analysis of Mood Dynamics," To appear in IEEE Trans. on Computational Social Systems, 2020.
Feedback Control for Depression (in progress):
- Sense via EEG, frontal alpha asymmetry (used in neurofeedback for depression), and HR/HRV, and modulate sound and light (perhaps current in the future, induced vibrations of the vagus nerve externally).
- Develop feedback controllers, learning methods ("on-line machine learning").
- Initial report
Adolescent Depression and Anxiety (App development):
- With Prof Scottye Cash, College of Social Work, and the student organization "Code 4 Community" led by Megan Knox.
- Funded by the Battelle Engineering, Technology, and Human Affairs endowment.
- An assistant/information source for adolescents with depression and anxiety, particularly at Star House (for homeless youth).
- App programming/development.