- Modeling, analysis, and technological intervention design for social (binge) drinking, especially for college-aged students.
- A systems and control theoretic approach to understand group drinking.
Individual Drinking (in progress):
- Estimation of BAC (level of intoxication) from phone data and a biosensor.
- Technology implementation
Publications on Social Binge Drinking:
- Luis Felipe Giraldo, Kevin M. Passino, and John D. Clapp, "Modeling and Analysis of Group Dynamics in Alcohol-Consumption Environments," IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 165-176, January 2017.
- Luis Felipe Giraldo, Kevin M. Passino, John D. Clapp, and Danielle Ruderman, “Dynamics of Metabolism and Decision Making During Alcohol Consumption: Modeling and Analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Vol. 47, No. 11, pp. 3955-3966, Nov. 2017.
- Clapp, J. D., Madden, D. R., Gonzalez Villasanti, H. J., Giraldo, L. F., Passino, K. M., Reed, M. B., & Fernandez Puentes, I. (In press). A System Dynamics Model of Drinking Events: Multi-Level Ecological Approach. Systems Research and Behavioral Science.
- Gonzalez Villasanti, H. J., Passino, K. M., Clapp, J. D., Madden, D. R., "A Control-Theoretic Assessment of Interventions During Drinking Events," To appear, IEEE Trans. on Cybernetics, 2018.