Poverty and Suffering:
- Poverty alleviation and "human development" per the UN definitions.
- Not necessarily a mental health connection, but a general well-being issue with a frequent connection to suffering and stress.
Humanitarian Engineering: Advancing Technology for Sustainable Development:
Publications on Feedback Control for Poverty Alleviation:
- Hugo Gonzalez Villasanti and Kevin M. Passino, “Feedback Controllers as Financial Advisors for Low-Income Individuals,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 2194-2201, Nov. 2017.
- Luis Felipe Giraldo and Kevin M. Passino, “Dynamics of Cooperation in a Task Completion Social Dilemma,” PLOS ONE, Vol. 12, No. 1, Jan. 26, 2017 (a study of community participation principles).
- Cooperative management of community technology, see book.
- Hugo Gonzalez Villasanti, Felipe Giraldo, Kevin M Passino, “Feedback Control Engineering for Cooperative Community Development,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, June 2018.
- Other: Computational analysis of democracy/wealth distribution, nonlinear stability analysis of poverty traps and technology diffusion, sensitivity and optimality analysis of models of economic growth for choosing development investment strategies; see book.